Limitless Worlds

Limitless Worlds

Friday, November 23, 2012

Another supplement for B&T - Psionics of Lore

Psionics are often an iffy subject in D&D. Some love them, some tolerate them and others hate them with a passion. Dark Sun is built entirely around psionics, and 4e has now made psionics as core of a system as magic.

So for B&T, I have decided to do the next thing and create a psionic supplement for the game, tentatively known as Psionics of Lore.

What's so great about this? The Expanded Psionics Handbooks for 3.5 falls under the SRD. That means, legally, I can take mechanics straight from 3.5 without risking legal backlash.

For sure, Psionics of Lore will contain the Psion, Psychic Warrior and Wilder classes. John State, creator of B&T, has already made an excellent Soulknife, and I'm trying to see if I can throw that in there. I've added some things to a few classes to make them more interesting, such as a trance ability for the Psychic Warrior. I will also most likely include some psionic items, such as psionic tattoos, and some enemies as well.

Now, I do run across a dilema I hope some of you can weigh in on

The list of psionic powers is huge, with about 300 in total. These are 300 "spells" that are not in the B&T core book, except for a few like Ego Whip and Mind Thrust.

I have managed to put together a smaller list composed of about 95% B&T spells, but I don't know if that would really kind of sacrifice the flavor of psionics. I could convert the SRD powers, it would just take a longer time. What do you think would be a better solution?

Either way, I hope for this supplement to be released soon, probably before Races of Lore. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment